Every year on June 26th, Emerson pauses to recognize World Refrigeration Day (WRD) and celebrate the people and technologies responsible for creating and maintaining temperature-controlled environments. This year, we will be hosting an E360 Webinar that corresponds with WRD 2021 by focusing on the importance of attracting and recruiting the next generation of HVACR service technicians.
This webinar will build off of the theme of WRD 2021, Cooling Champions: Cool Careers for a Better World, by exploring the emerging career opportunities available in the HVACR technician profession. As the previous generation of technicians retire and fewer candidates enter the field, our industry faces an urgent need for skilled technicians. This shortage has created an abundance of opportunities for young people seeking a viable long-term career path outside of a four-year college education.
This E360 Webinar will discuss:
- Leveraging advanced technologies and modern tools
- Equipping technicians with skills that enable a high earning potential
- Co-op and apprenticeship opportunities to learn the trade while also earning a paycheck
- Learning skills that support our infrastructure and make the world a better place
- Inspiring passion in HVACR professions
Following, the webinar will feature a roundtable discussion with global Emerson stakeholders to share their experiences and strategies for educating, recruiting, and retaining the next generation of HVACR technicians.
For more information on our upcoming WRD events, please visit our website.